Main Article Content
Today, the world is experiencing the consequences of the spread of the Coronavirus, which affected various sectors, causing a major shock to the global economy, which may indeed lead to a sharp turn in global growth rates for 2020. This is not the first supply shock in the world. Oil shocks of the 1970s, the tsunami of Thailand, the earthquake in Japan in 2011 and others, but all of these shocks and crises had a specific geographical scope without physical expansion, as well as a time frame during which it peaked and then ceased; however, the Coronavirus proved to be uncontrollable, as it spreads throughout the world and has an impact on most economies. There is also no clear time frame during which this epidemic, like other crises in the world, where we have shown in this research paper the effects of the Covid-19 virus on the global economy, this is by virtue of the fact that it has caused panic and volatility in the economies of the countries.
JEL Classification: G01, F02.
Copyright (c) 2020 Miloud Benkhira, Saida Tayeb
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a) Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a (CC BY-NC 4.0) that allows others to share and adapt the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work . Where authors include such a work in an institutional repository or on their website , we request that they include a statement that acknowledges the Management & Economics Resaerch journal including the name of the journal, the volume and issue and a web-link to the journal item.
c) Authors should be aware that the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) License permits readers to share (copy and redistribute the work in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for any purpose, even commercially, provided they also give appropriate credit to the work, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. They may do these things in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests you or your publisher endorses their use.
- Boonet , L. (2020a, March 2). OECD Interim Economic Assessment Coronavirus: The world economy at risk. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- FDI. (2020). Investment trends monitor, impact of the coronavirus outbreak on global. united nations, UNCTAD.
- Hutt, R. (2020, 02 17). world economic forum. Consulté le 04 04, 2020, sur https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/coronavirus-economic-effects-global-economy-trade-travel/
- Kevin, P. (2020, march 16). BBC. Consulté le march 17, 2020, sur https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51676600
- Maria, D., André, S., & others. (March 2020). An effective economic response to the coronavirus in Europe. Policy Contribution ,Issue n˚6, 3.
- Philipp Carlsson-Szlezak ,Martin Reeves and Paul Swartz. (2020, 03 03). What Coronavirus Could Mean for the Global Economy, Harvard business review. Consulté le 03 27, 2020, sur economy: https://hbr.org/2020/03/what-coronavirus-could-mean-for-the-global-economy
- OECD. (2020, 03 26). New OECD outlook on the global economy. Consulté le 03 27, 2020, sur https://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/en/
- Richard , S. -B., & Kavitha, H. (2020, 02 21). World Economic Forum. Consulté le 03 25, 2020, sur https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/why-is-coronavirus-a-global-business-risk/
- Secretary-General of the OECD. (2020, April 14). Evaluating the initial impact of COVID-19 containment measures on economic activity Updated. the OECD Economics Department.: the OECD Economics Departmen.
- Stephanie, S., & Dylan , G. (2020, 03 19). center for strategic et nternationale studies. Consulté le 03 27, 2020, sur https://www.csis.org/analysis/global-economic-impacts-covid-19
- UNCTAD. (2020, March 9). rade and development report update the coronavirus shock. united nations .
- UNCTAD. (2020, March 9). rade and development report update the coronavirus shock. united nations.
- unctad. (2020, March). investment trends monitor: Impact Of The Coronavirus Outbreak On Global FDI. united nations.
- السيد محمود محمد. (25-03-2020). مركز أبحاث السياسات الاقتصادية. تاريخ الاسترداد 27-03-2020 ، من الصدمات الخمس للاقتصاد العالمي جراء كورونا: https://futureuae.com/ar-AE/Mainpage/Item/5423/
- كريستالينا غورغييفا. (23-03-2020). صندوق النقد الدولي. تاريخ الاسترداد 25-03-2020، من بيان صحفي رقم 20/98:https://www.imf.org/ar/News/Articles/2020/03/23/pr2098-imf-managing-director-statement-following-a-g20-ministerial-call-on-the-coronavirus-emergency